Bead and Bauble Jewelry at Etsy.com

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 10th: Still looking ...

I had 2 interviews yesterday.  One company I submitted my resume to on Monday and the second actually found my resume on Careerbuilder.  That is the first time I've ever been approached about taking a job.  It really felt good.

Both interviews seemed to go well, but I'm waiting to hear if I'll be called for second interviews.  Waiting stinks!  I'm trying to be optimistic, but it is hard.  Every morning I scour the employment sites and become discouraged when I see that most of the companies out there want senior level experience but only want to pay entry level salaries.

Are they serious?  $10 - $12 per hour for someone with extensive MS Office experience, multi-tasker, able to handle confidential information, 4 year degree a must, higher degree desirable.  Who are these people and what planet are they from?  $10-$12/hr doesn't get any degree let alone a degree plus experience.  There are so many scams out there on the internet and the legit companies are also tryng to scam the labor force.  It's awful to try to weed through all the junk to find the one gem.

I HATE JOB HUNTING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment