Bead and Bauble Jewelry at Etsy.com

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Nov. 24th: Yippe!!!

Tomorrow is Turkey Day!! Yippee, I love turkey, and stuffing, and mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie, and everything about have the family get together to celebrate Thanksgiving!

Plus, I just got a call for an informal interview next week.  This is a preliminary interview to tell me more about the company and the position.  An actual brick and mortar business with an office and not just a phony website.  Another big yippee for me!!

So, as I'm thanking the good Lord for all I have in my life (sans the no job thing), I'll also be thanking him for getting an interview lined up for me.  It's been 2 weeks since the first two interviews and I haven't heard from either place.  I was just beginning to lose hope, again!

Of course, I did get the obligatory phone call from one college and one "company" who wanted me to pay $300 for their online make money scheme.  This was a little different from PPD in that they set up a web site for you and got you hooked up with search engines.  Then, all you have to do it wait for folks to search, find your site, and you direct them to Amazon.com or Ebay.  Once they purchase, I make money.  What could go wrong here?  Hmmm ... I'm outta work and you want me to pay how much to set up a website??  I know plenty of computer geeks who can do that for me for a whole lot less money.

I'm also thankful that I have enough sense (and family with good sense) that I didn't fall for it.  It really did sound real, easy, and profitable.  But, the more I think about it, the less "real" it began to sound.  Shew, that was a close one.

I did, however, open a shop on Etsy.com where I feature handmade jewelry items.  Please, I'm out of work, so please visit my sight and make a purchase.  All items are less than $20 + shipping.  These are great, inexpensive holiday gifts.  Thanks!  http://www.etsy.com/shop/beadandbaublejewlery?ref=pr_profile

Wish me luck and please help me out with an order or two.  I'll be posting more items and these sell.  Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment