Bead and Bauble Jewelry at Etsy.com

Monday, November 29, 2010

Nov. 29: Wow, I got a response

Yes, I must have put in a dozen resumes and I received only one response.  Guess who it was from?  Hmmm, an identify thief is my guess.  My qualifications sound more than ample for the position.  However, in order to schedule an interview, they must have a current (no more than 14 days old) credit score.  All I had to do was "click here" and submit my information and I will be forwarded my current credit score.  They even included an long explanation of what paperwork I would receive with my credit score and which pages I needed to return.  You see, they don't need all of the pages, only the one with the credit score on it.

Now, doesn't that sound just peachy?  I mean, what could go wrong.  Putting all my personal information online for identity thieves isn't enough, now they want me to scan and return certain pages.  I guess to ensure that they have all the pertinent information to steal my identity. We certainly don't want to leave any stone unturned in our quest to open credit card is someone else's name now do we?

Really, couldn't a legit business respond?  Hint to all you job seekers out there ... if a future employer responds to you via email, my guess -- hoax?  Don't even bother responding.  They are just out to get your personal information.

As for legit responses, they are few and far between.  I haven't heard back from the two (2) places I interviewed three (3) weeks ago.  Guess, even though I thought it went well, it didn't go good enough.

Wish me luck and keep following my ventures ... remember ... better me than you!

No comments:

Post a Comment