Bead and Bauble Jewelry at Etsy.com

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Nov. 23: Almost Thanksgiving

Yippee!  It's almost Thanksgiving.  It gives me something to think about besides being out of work.  I've hardly put in any applications the past few days because there is nothing new on the job boards.  The email from scammers have slowed down also.

The big thing this week, all the job boards who want me to join their "exclusive" clubs.  These are "pay" services and say they offer all sorts of job you won't find on other job boards.  The problem, is the pay part.  Jeeze folks, I'm out of work.  What part of unemployed/no income are you not getting.  If I had the money to join your job board, then I probably wouldn't be desperately looking for a job.

Some people/companies just don't get it.  Out of work means, "I don't have a job to pay for your stupid service!"  Gimme a break.  "Kick 'em when they're down!" must be the motto of these organizations.

Of course, I can get the 7 days "free trial" but I have to give a credit card and remember to cancel before the seventh day.  I've thought about this, but what if something happens and I forget to cancel, then I'm stuck with a $25 (or up) card on my credit card.  Like I can afford that.

I guess I just have to stick with the freebie boards and hope something comes along.

Scam offers, college offers, continuing ed offers, pay for job listing offers ... All sorts of offer in my email, but no real job offers -- not even a request for an interview.

Looks like I got a long road ahead of me.  Wish me luck and remember, better me than you!

No comments:

Post a Comment