Bead and Bauble Jewelry at Etsy.com

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dec. 8: Imagine that ...

Last week, I responded to an employment ad and received an email message about being qualified, but I had to bring my driver's license and a current credit score with me to any interview that was scheduled.  As usual, I could simply "click on the link" to get a current credit score.  Instead, I responded by email stating that I had a current credit score through my bank so I was all prepared for my interview.  I received a second email inquiring whether I was certain that I had all required information.  I assured the "potential employer" that I did have everything required and I was anxious to schedule the interview.

Well, imagine that ... no response to my second message.  I guess there is no real job available.  Only the opportunity to get suckered into giving out your personal information.  As I've stated before, if someone responds to your application by email -- LOOK OUT!  It is probably a scam.

As for my current job prospects, um, nothing.  Last week I received two rejects.  One to a telephone interview and the second was to an application I submitted to a local hospital.  Both said I had excellent experience, but they found a candidate with a better fit.  I've also been applying for civilian jobs with the military.  I checked the status of those as well.  I put in four applications, three were not even submitted to the recruiter because my experience didn't match those needed for the positions, the fourth was under review.

It is so hard to determine whether I qualify for a military/civilian job.  They call everything by different names and they have a particular grade/pay structure that I can't seem to get a good grasp of.  I thought I was only applying for things that met my qualifications and experience.  Jeeze, what a pain!   I'm no rocket scientist but I darn near have to be just to weed through all the military positions.

I have an interview tomorrow.  Wish me luck!!!  And remember, better me than you!

No comments:

Post a Comment