Bead and Bauble Jewelry at Etsy.com

Monday, December 13, 2010

Dec. 13: Another interview today

It's terrible, I'm getting sick of interviewing.  I think today is my 7th and I'm always "the first candidate."  These companies need to screen the remaining prospective employees to determine who they want to bring back for a second interview.  Unfortunately for me, that means I'm long forgotten once they complete round 1.  I haven't had a since call back.  Most, just seem to drop off the face of the earth.  I either call or send a follow-up email and don't hear anything back.  When I do, I'm just told, "we are still finishing our interviews and will need to decided who we are bringing back."

Yikes.  Gas so so expensive now to trek all around town, only to be forgotten as soon as I walk out the door.  Jeeze, I'm wearing my nice interview outfit, i.e. skirt, blouse, jacket, heels.  Come on folks, I'm putting on hose and heels for goodness sake.  Doesn't that count for something???  Plus, my sore arm as healed, so I don't have to wear my sandals anymore.  I'm betting that made quite an impression.  At least now I can move my right arm.

What does a prospective employee have to do to make a positive impression, cartwheels?  Well, 20 years ago - maybe, but still never in a skirt and heels.

Oh well, I'm off to make myself presentable then out the door I go.  Wish me luck and remember .. better me than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment