Bead and Bauble Jewelry at Etsy.com

Friday, December 3, 2010

Dec. 2: Ready for a interview

Today I had a telephone interview and it seemed to go pretty well.  I won't get my hopes up though, because I thought the two (2) prior face-to-face interviews went well, but I never head back from either.  My one (1) other telephone interview went great, but again I never heard back from the organization.

I'm hoping this is typical and not exclusive to me.  It is sort of disheartening to feel that you have put your best foot foward and then all you get is your foot crushed under the wheels of a dump truck.

I'm beginning to wonder what is wrong with me.  It may be my appearance, but that doesn't account for the telephone interviewers dismissing me.  Maybe its my voice?  I don't know, but I certainly can't change my voice, at least not for the long term.

Yesterday, I received another email response to a resume I submitted.  They were, of course asking me to get certain information ready before I could be interviewed:

1) Driver's license
2) Credit report (click link)
3) A printed resume (if I have it available)

Now, I submitted my resume to this supposed "company" via email, so he should not that I have a copy.  The opportunity looked legit; it was or an Administrative Assistant and it spelled out certain duties and responsibilities for which I am qualified.

This time, instead of hitting the delete button, I responded to the guy telling him that I have all the information he requested.  I mentioned that I have monthly credit monitoring through my bank, so I already have a copy of my credit report.

His response to me ... are you sure you have all the information required?  I am about to respond back assuring him that I have all the information necessary to be invited for an interview.  We'll see what the "next step" is?  I was actually surprised that he responded at all.

I'll let you know what comes of it (like I expect anything to come of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment